Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blonde Brownies


The other day my husband broke out his mother's cook book she had given to me years ago of all his favorite recipes as a child.  
He decided to make me one of the desserts from the book and  
I couldn't believe
I have lived so long without ever having a blonde brownie  -They're amazing!
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk

Cream sugar and butter.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Blend in dry ingredients alternately with milk.  Stir in chips.  Bake in greased 9x13 pan at 325 F. for 30-35 minutes.  While still warm, add frosting.

1/4 c. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk

Melt and lightly brown butter over low heat.  Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.  Beat until creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment