Thursday, February 24, 2011

7 Up Bundt Cake


My honey made this and it was good!

My husband got me an early birthday bake-ware present from William Sonoma and naturally 
we had to use it before making my birthday cake!
This recipe is designer back fat, just to warn you, but it's amazing so who cares!!


1 1/2 c. butter(see I told you so)
3 c. sugar
5 eggs
3 c. flour
2 tsp. lemon extract
3/4 c. lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda

Glaze
1 c. powder sugar
3/4 tsp. lemon extract
add milk until desired consistency

Cream together the butter and sugar for 20 minutes(any good baker knows this is very important).  Add eggs, one at a time.  Add flour, lemon extract and fold in the soft drink.  Pour into a 12 c. well-greased and floured bundt pan(if you have a smaller sized bundt pan like I do just pour in less batter).  Bake at 325 F. for 60-75 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment